Friday, July 10, 2009

Crazy Crafting

I have been wanting to make a set of dinner napkins for awhile and got the inspiration from a paper napkin. Kind of a spin off the tuxedo t-shirt. Like my newspaper pattern? I think reuse is the most overlooked of the three R's. I read the newspaper then use it in the place of paper towels to wash windows or uh sometimes make patterns, then recycle it.


Here's an idea of what they'll look like. Hopefully they will be finished tomorrow.

And I broke out the crocheting needles here's a collar for Mousey May....
And Em made one for Follow...
And she made me this bracelet. Got my jogging shoes on, I had just got back from the track.
And, I made her this cuff bracelet but she's wearing it on her ankle. It's hard to see the detail but it's a string of flower beads.

I've cooked some great meals lately, like cornmeal crusted black bean burgers, but just started taking pictures yesterday, but I'll take a picture next time they will definitely be a repeat. So last night we had this great cornbread. I used the cornmeal recipe but instead of adding flour and baking soda and salt.... I just used Bisquick and added enough to make the consistency between a batter and a dough, and then I added cubed cheddar cheese and sliced green onions it was very good.
This is the bean soup that went with the bread. I learned a lesson, don't put spinach in crock pot, it was slimy, but Mike and Em liked it, or they didn't want to hurt my feelings. But if I made it again I'd leave out the salt pork (animal grease, bleck, I think this is what really ruined it for me) and instead of water I'd use all veggie stock and definitely put the spinach (or really any green would be great) in at the end.


This was tonight's dinner Alfredo pasta, with roasted carrots, and peas. I love pasta and cheese so much.

1 comment:

  1. You are quite thrifty and very creative. I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete