Thursday, July 16, 2009

White Bean Enchiladas

How good does that look? I used this recipe but when I pureed the beans they seemed a little thin so I added about a cup of leftover brown rice I had in the fridge from the previous night's dinner. I also made a layered casserole, rolling enchiladas is messy and time consuming. Along with a side of spinach I made chili cauliflower smashed potatoes (that sounds like a good recipe name to me).
Chili Cauliflower Smashed Potatoes
2 cups peeled diced potatoes
2 cups cauliflower
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash of cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Add potatoes and cauliflower to pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil 15mins or until tender.
  2. Drain water and add milk and butter. Mash until smooth.
  3. Add rest of ingredients and stir. Serve immediately.
Did you know that if you put the white parts of green onions in water that they will grow back? I picked this tip up from Melissa d'Arabian on the Next Food Network Star, I really hope she wins I would love to watch her cook. I put mine in the fridge and then realized that they need sun, so they're sitting in my kitchen window sill. It takes about 3-4 days for them to grow back full, and I don't know how many times it will grow back I'll keep track.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Everytime I look at your blogs I get hungry! Those enchiladas look sooooo good, but I don't feel like making them. I want them NOW! Ha ha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really cool about the green onion. will have to try it. and the enchalades look good, never heard of cualiflower in the potatoes

    ReplyDelete