Today was a long day. You might have noticed I had quite a lot of caffeine yesterday, so I had trouble falling asleep last night. I think it's important to share what started this commitment to living a healthier lifestyle. I recently gave up cigarettes. Yes, I know gross. It has been such a huge part of my life (off and on for the last 13!!! years!) and it has been really difficult letting go. So in the process I gave up sugar, caffeine, unnatural foods, and any cleaning ,including bath and body, products with toxic chemicals. I think it really helped distract me from not smoking. Now I'm not as strict with caffeine I so love coffee, and I can drink it now without that intense craving to smoke. And it's not always easy to give up all bad foods, but I think I am slowly changing my eating habits into something permanent. I thought that before I posted tonight's dinner that I should explain that I don't always follow my own rules. So here's what we had.
It's Sweet Potato & Sausage soup served with cornbread. It has smoked sausage in it I know that is not good food, but sausage and cabbage go so well together. It reminded me of my grandmother's house in the country. I grew up out in the country we raised our own animals and grew our own fruits and veggies. I was organic long before i was the cool thing to do. Anyway, it was very yummy.The kiddos are out of school tomorrow and Mike traded his Friday off for Monday so I've got a long, loud weekend ahead. As much as I love my family fours days without a quiet house is a long time. I just upgraded my cable today so I've got some Weeds episodes to catch up on!
that looks yummy love your blog keep up the good work
ReplyDelete