Monday, April 13, 2009

My first Banana Entry

You may have noticed that my url is Hannah's Banana's (actually hannahsbannanas, I do know how to spell but that was all that was available) and, there are two reasons for this. The first is obvious I have been called Hannah Banana my whole life, and I also really like to cook with bananas. Bananas are very sweet and make a yummy healthy dessert. Braden and I came up with with this smoothie on Friday when we were craving something sweet while watching Nim's Island (which was a very cute movie).
Recipe:
1 small frozen banana
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 Cup plain yogurt
1/4 Cup skim milk
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
You could add a little honey to make it sweeter, or even sugar. This makes one serving and has about 340 calories. I think it would make a great breakfast. Of course served in one of my Rocky glasses.
So for dinner tonight we had Spiced Carrot and Lentil Soup with regular and cheese Naan that we picked up from Nirvana the Indian restaurant on Memorial. Mike was scarred of the soup when he saw it cooking. He asked "so we are having carrot and bean soup?!?" After it was blended up he didn't seem to mind this healthy meatless dinner. Same happened last soup I blended, and also I snuck broccoli into marinara sauce. Mike HATES broccoli and he didn't even notice it there. Hmmm... puree veggies and Mike will eat them. That makes since because he always complains about the texture of food. Before I met him he had never eaten an apple or banana!


No comments:

Post a Comment