Thursday, August 6, 2009

The C's...

I learned Fallbrook is known as the Avocado Capital of the World and hosts an annual Avocado Festival. Sounds like my kind of festival I loooove avocado. And Fresno proclaims itself the Raisin Capital of the World. So I made an avocado pasta salad and cinnamon rolls for dessert.


Colorado fun facts: Dove Creek, Colorado has been known as "the Pinto Bean Capitol of the World." Rocky Ford has been dubbed the "melon capital of the world." I made a pinto bean burger and a cucumber and tomato salad. I just learned that cucumber is a melon.


Did you know? Some food historians claim hamburgers were "invented" in a tiny restaurant called Louis Lunch in New Haven, CT. This is a terrible picture, sorry.

2 comments:

  1. ok all the food looks great and yummy, but im lost are you cooking through the alphabet? did i miss something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking through all the states in alphabetical order!

    ReplyDelete