Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hawaii & the I's

What is "Hawaiian Steak"? Spam, of course. Braden and I made a Hawaiian pizza and Braden was responsible for making the pizza sauce. I gave him a can of tomato paste and told him to use his imagination and he made the most amazing sweet & spicy pizza sauce. I wrote the recipe down and Braden put it in a secret place, don't you just love kids excitement. What made the sauce so great really was the pineapple juice which went well with the spam and pineapple toppings. Putting spam on a pizza with pineapple and a great pizza sauce doesn't make spam taste like anything other than spam. Spam is something you either like or don't. I happen to like spam, don't judge.




Hawaiian Pizza
I didn't even have to look up Idaho to know what they are famous for...

Idaho Baked Potato Soup

Illinois was a little harder, so, I made a healthy version of the Chicago dog with turkey franks and whole wheat buns. And, yes mike still picked the spinach out of his mac & cheese.

Turkey Hot dogs & green mac & cheese

Apparently pork sandwiches are a big deal in Indiana there was even a documentary made about it.

Breaded Pork Sandwich

The largest cereal company in the world is Quaker Oats in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Everyone said these were the best oatmeal cookies they've ever had. I realized later that I used the ingredients but I didn't follow any of the directions so if you decide to try the recipe know that I didn't refrigerate the dough or flatten cookies with a fork dipped in sugar and they came out great!

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment