Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to school

The first day of the new school year is refreshing. The first couple of years in school fly by, and I remember thinking it would always be that way, but after a couple of years you've got the whole school thing down and you can sit back, relax, and enjoy watching your kids grow. Aren't mine beautiful?

New school year calls for a new recipe....


Vanilla Cone Oatmeal
2 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons vanilla syrup
1/2 cup milk
sugar to taste
rainbow sprinkles
  1. Bring water and oats to a boil. When cooked add cinnamon, syrup, and milk.
  2. Add sugar and serve adding the sprinkles to the top.

I tasted it and thought it was pretty sweet with the syrup but the kiddos said it needed more sugar, so it depends on your personal taste I guess. They still thought it was fun. What child wouldn't like rainbow sprinkles at breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment