Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I'm baaack
I chuckled at my last post, the last post didn't even compare to what came next, entire apartment flooded, moving to a new apartment (mostly by myself while Mike was at work)and going without Internet, cable and phone for almost a month. I didn't have to wait that long but Comcast wanted almost $100 to transfer services. I thought it was outrageous! My cable bill was close to $200 a month I payed on time every month, they didn't even have to send me a bill I was a paperless customer. In my opinion they should have tried to keep me as a customer they could have given me free installation (like At&T did) but instead they lost $2400 a year. Let's say I live to be 70, that's almost $100,000! I refuse to go to lots of stores for reasons similar to this and it probably drives Mike nuts. Anyway, going without Internet was inconvenient at times for example I took us off mailing lists long ago so we don't even have a phonebook, and I don't receive bills, I always pay online so I paid them when I went to visit a family member. Other than that I kind of enjoyed it, I never felt rushed and seemed to have more time. I didn't care if we stayed out all day or spent a few hours walking the track there wasn't anything else to do and I didn't really care that I missed a favorite TV show. But last night it was really hard to walk away from the John & Kate episode I missed last week to go to the track and I didn't do the full 3 miles because I didn't want to miss the new one. Also I stayed on the couch from 8-11pm watching TV and then went to bed. A few weeks ago I would have spent that time cleaning the kitchen or with Mike. I really need to find some balance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment